Full-Time Project Logistics Manager by Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) – Holland
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) – Holland is a private, international organisation. The organisation is made up mainly of doctors and health sector workers and is also open to all other professions which might help in achieving its aims.
Médecins Sans Frontières provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict. They do so irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Logistics Manager
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Assisting the Logistics Coordinator in the definition and follow-up of logistics activities in the project or capital, in conjunction with other medical project managers in order to identify and give a response to the needs of the targeted population in terms of construction, transport, communication, food, shelter, water and sanitation, and essential non-food items.
- Ensuring and monitoring the implementation of logistics/technical activities in the project / capital (construction, transport of goods and staff, communications, water and sanitation, vehicles and engines, equipment/installation and infrastructures, communications, etc.) ensuring compliance of MSF standards, protocols and procedures, and reporting to the LogCo on the development of the ongoing programs.
- Implementing all administrative related activities linked to logistics (orders, insurances, vehicle contracts, etc.).
- Participating in the planning and implementation, together with the Logistics Coordinator, the Project Coordinator and the HR Coordinator, the HR associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, detection of potential, development and communication) of the logistics staff in the project / capital in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required to correctly perform all logistics activities.
- Ensuring technical reference for all logistics/technical issues in the mission and providing coaching to logistics staff under his/her responsibility. Ensuring all staff in the Project is properly briefed about use of communication tools (handsets, HF/VHF, etc.).
- Ensuring installation and maintenance of functional office space(s) and lodging facilities for international staff in adequate living conditions
- Defining and monitoring technical aspects of the mission risk reduction policy, transport, communication, protection, identification and preparation of the technical aspects of the project security policy and guidelines, evacuation plan and contingency plan, performing day-to day monitoring of the application of security rules and reporting to the Project Coordinator any problem that may arise. For this purpose, the Project Logistics Manager will have to create an appropriate environment to facilitate security exchange of information.
- Participating in monthly reports according to guidelines
Join our Telegram Group to get notified when Latest Jobs Vacancies in Nigeria are Posted. Click Here to Join Our Jobs in Nigeria Group
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
Logistics activities planning & follow up:
- Participates in the definition and update of annual planning and budgets for the mission.
- Plans and organises in close collaboration with project logistics managers all logistics related activities in the project.
- Supervises logistics activities in health facilities, houses and offices, i.e. waste management, water-sanitation, construction, vehicles, communication, etc.
- Participates in meetings with other managers in order to ensure smooth collaboration of all departments and the coherence of the activities developed in the project.
- Participates in the preparation of security guidelines for the mission.
- Ensures that security is guaranteed at the highest level possible for all the staff working in the project by implementing all MSF guidelines and following up security issues closely with field coordinator.
- Ensures that logistics project orders are done correctly after monitoring consumptions and estimating future needs.
- Coordinates the placement of international orders of logistics items and consumables for all projects.
- Inspects regularly the condition of the facilities that MSF is using or supporting and suggest rehabilitation or construction when needed.
- Ensures construction and rehabiliitation of all buildings or structures related to MSF activities in the area, under the supervision of LOGCO.
Vehicles and Engines(Generators):
- Ensures that the mission fleet of vehicles meets the needs of all the projects and complies with MSF standards.
- Ensures the quality and efficiency of the service required for all vehicles and engines, using adequate spare parts, following guidelines and completing logbooks or other related documents.
Human Resources Management:
- Participate in selection, follow up of logistics related staff in cooperation with the administration and LogCoordinator.
- Reinforce skills in logistical issues of all logistics staff, asking for and/or organising trainings for the staff.
- Carries on regular evaluations of all the staff he/she directly manages.
- Manage potential conflicts among project team members.
- Promote communication and active participation of all staff in development of project as well as in MSF values and philosophy.
- Participates in any emergency activity or exploratory visit in or out of the project, being ready to take directly in charge all logistics related activities and staff.
- Participates in missions monthly reports according to guidelines (SitReps, logistical statistics , etc.)
- Informs the LOGCO of any problems linked to logistic activities and work or linked to equipment or material (ex. broken, missing).
Application Closing Date
Monday, 1st February, 2021.
Please Follow the Instruction Below To Apply For the Job
Interested candidates should submit their application including cover letter, resume and copy of relevant degrees, certificates and NYSC certificate/exemption as follows;
- Soft Copy:
- Hard Copy:
No 14 Tennessee Crescent, Off Panama, Maitama, Abuja
- Please include the title of the position in the subject line of the email.
- Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interview; MSF Belgium takes this opportunity to thank all potential candidates for their application.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer; both men and women are encouraged to apply.
14 total views, 1 today